Here's what I came up with.
Felt in different colors
Elmers Glue-All ( you can also use a glue gun or fabric glue)
Scissors (or rotary cutter)
Burlap ribbon (optional)
1. Cut felt into strips. I used half inch strips. Try to cut the strips all the same hight...trust me this is important. Initially I used my scissors to do this and then changed to a rotary cutter so that I could cut multiple at once.
2. Apply glue to strip. On my first strip I applied glue along the entire thing but then realized that you only need a spot of glue at both ends of the strip.
3. Roll strip to form the center of the coaster. Then continue adding strips of felt, alternating colors as you like until coaster reaches desired size.
4. Here is why your strips need to be all the same hight. If they are off just use your scissors to trim the excess off.
5. I was so inspire that I decided to try one with some burlap ribbon that was hidden in my stash. I love how this one came out but to be honest the felt was much easier to do.
Now head on over to see what Francine did with her felt.
Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
"May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all".